Emergency Financial Assistance
The Florida Veterans Foundation is here to support those who are affected by this pandemic. The Foundation has an established program that supports our veterans in need during an emergency and partners with other organizations like the American Legion to help facilitate the process on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to doing what we can to support Florida’s active duty military members, veterans, and their families, but resources are limited.
We are grateful for the Florida Legislature, private donations and grants that help to support these financial efforts that will help service members who are experiencing a hardship during this time.
If you are a donor, please find it in your heart to donate so that we can make a greater impact and support all service members who need us during this chaotic time.
Utility Bill Assistance
For Immediate Local Assistance
Veterans Emergency Help Guidelines
- Veteran, Active Duty Military, or Immediate Family Member (Spouse, Legal Guardian, or Child)
- Acceptable Discharges: Honorable or General Under Honorable Conditions
- Florida Resident for minimum of 120 Days
- Show Sustainability – balance of income and expenses
- Experiencing an unforeseeable emergency
- Provided for necessities: shelter, utilities, food (in the form of a gift card), and some transportation and medical expenses
- Funds are granted one-time per household
Additional Guideline process for COVID-19 Funds
- Applicants who are experiencing loss of income must show proof via pay stubs or letter from employer.
- Phone interview with local VetRelief Advocate will be accepted for the safety of our volunteers.
- To avoid depletion of funds, a monthly cap of financial assistance will be put in place. Once the organization reaches cap, funds will only be available through the resources we receive from the Florida Veteran Foundation. Donate now: www.helpflvets.org